Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Weekend Well Spent

On Friday I was super excited to have my first houseguest since I moved into my apartment! One of my best friends, Amber, lives in Memphis, only an hour away and she came up to go to Armorel's Homecoming basketball game with me! Unfortunately, I've misplaced my camera somewhere so I was unable to take pictures of all the students at the game, but everyone looked beautiful!  I loved getting to introduce Amber to a lot of the students I work with and around everyday and she got to meet my student who I sign for! Mrs. Meachum, who is in charge of Armorel's Homecoming, did an awesome job and it went off without a hitch! And both the guy's and girl's teams won their games, a great ending to a great homecoming week! 

Saturday morning Amber left and I headed to West Memphis to spend the day with my Mimi and Papaw. Mimi and I went around to all of the gift shops in the West Memphis/Marion area who were having their holiday open houses. There were a lot of cute shops open with so much to look at. Mimi was able to get some of her Christmas shopping done for me after listening and looking and some of the things I was interested in. Usually going holiday shopping like this is something my mom would normally do with my Mimi, but because she lives 4 hours away, she wasn't able to. I'm glad I live so close now that I am able fill in for mom.

That night I went with Mimi and Papaw to their Mustang Club fall cookout. My Papaw restores old mustang convertibles and so he is in a club with others who restore or collect mustangs also. My younger cousin's also came, which was great because I haven't seen them since probably Easter. The man's house it was at is a collector of all things old and cool and one of the things he has collected is an old ferris wheel from a carnival, and it still works! The cousin's rode on it and seemed to have a great time! And on a great note, the Hogs won! I was keeping up with the score on my phone all night :) Because it was so late when we got home from the cookout my Papaw wouldn't let me drive home in the fog, so I spent the night. 

Sunday afternoon we were lazy and watched football and movies. I went to church with them tonight before heading back to Blytheville. I loved spending my weekend with my family, it is such a blessing living so close to them now and being able to visit them when I want! Hopefully there will be many more visits in the future! I Hope ya'll have a great start to the week! Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment